Read the full story from the source The Birmingham Mail then you decide.
- Councillor Harmer’s name was revealed in a membership list, seen by the Mail, which was sent out by the owner informing clients of a change in contact details.
- The venue has pictures of its staff on the webpage dressed in their underwear, or draped across beds. Their faces are obscured.
- It says it offers Nuru massages, described on the site as “erotic”, for a starting price of £40 for 30 minutes.
- It is based in an apartment near the Six Ways roundabout in Erdington, but only reveals its full address to registered website members.
- He was shocked by the proposal made to him by Thai staff at Fruity Spa, in Erdington, and made his excuses and left.
- “I have had therapeutic back massage for the last 15 years or so, which has been very effective, and I’ve rarely had back pain in that time.
My comment: If I had back pain and wanted a therapeutic massage I think the alarm bells would have been ringing the minute I visited the original website. Not after I had visited an apartment and been offered extras!
I can confirm that the Fruity Spa appears to have changed hands. They now warn visitors that "NO SEXUAL SERVICES ARE OFFERED AT FRUITY SPA". In addition the Myumimassage site is now only available on Google cache. However, they apologise that their old telephone number has been cancelled and then give the same number as the current Fruity Spa. So they appear to be still connected.
Read all articles about Birmingham City Council on this blog