Wednesday, 1 June 2011

South Tyneside V Mr Monkey: Suspect says he will reveal all

AN under-fire South Tyneside councillor at the centre of legal action to uncover the contents of his Twitter account today pledged to “let the public know” the details of the case.

The Independent Alliance councillor for Beacon and Bents in South Shields has denied being Mr Monkey and has now pledged to put on his Twitter account the subpoena issued against the California-based microblogging site by the Supreme Court in the US, ordering it to hand over the details of five accounts.

And Coun Khan said: “I intend to publish the subpoena on my Twitter account within the next 24 hours, so the borough public realise that the council want to see everything, from my e-mails to all my personal messages. I have had so much support from the public, all expressing outrage at the waste of public money being spent to pursue this action through the courts.

My comment: As I stated in an earlier post if South Tyneside have got the wrong man they may just be sued for defamation themselves. In any event they have still to provide a sound reason for risking taxpayer's money chasing Mr Monkey.

Read the full story from the source The Shields Gazette

Read all articles about South Tyneside Council on this blog

No comments:

Post a Comment