Monday, 18 April 2011

Councillor reports man who called him 'scruffy' to police

A councillor reported a man to police for calling him scruffy during a meeting.

Liberal Democrat Martin Eakins was so incensed by the remarks that he demanded officers had a word with the ‘offender’ – former councillor Mike Kane.

A police community support officer was sent to Mr Kane’s home. Mr Kane said: “I couldn’t believe it. I was sitting in my living room and was just about to go to bed when there was a knock on the door and there was a PCSO. “I didn’t know what was wrong. When the officer told me that I’d been reported for making inflammatory remarks, I was absolutely speechless. “It just seems a major overreaction for a couple of remarks made at a public meeting.”

Coun Paul Murphy, chair of the police authority, has demanded an explanation from the chief constable. He said: “This is not an appropriate use of police resources and I will be writing to the chief constable to express my concerns.”

My comment: More proof that the Police will do the bidding of a councillor/council whilst ignoring more serious complaints from members of the public.  Councillor Martin Eakins you are an idiot, is this democracy in action Liberal style and can I now expect a visit from the Police? The question is why are the Police so keen to become public sector lackeys? There are a few more examples on this blog. 

Read the full story from the source Manchester Evening News

Read all articles about the Police on this blog

2 comments:

  1. If he was scruffy then it's fair comment. Time to get the camera out and see how well turned out he is at Council meetings ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious politicians and alike around the country may be taking tips from our upstanding leaders in Camden.

    A couple of years ago a former lib-dem housing executive (no longer with Camden Council because he didn't get re-elected - thank goodness) went to the police and tried to get a resident arrested because of an email the resident sent him that called him an idiot and stupid. Fair comment I say.

    The resident didn't get arrested but did receive a dodgy phone call from someone claiming to be the police. It is suspected the dodgy phone call was from the same policeman who after meeting with people from Camden Council arrested the Camden Blogger.

    ReplyDelete