Thursday, 3 March 2011

MP with biggest expenses blames his children

FALKIRK MP Eric Joyce has blamed the cost of transporting his children around the country after topping the table of the most expensive MPs in the last year of the old parliament.

The Labour MP was one of eight Scots in the top 12 revealed when the Commons published the final claims from the last parliament in 2009/10.

But highest claimant was Mr Joyce, who recently lost his front-bench Northern Irish job after been found guilty of drink driving, who claimed £200,986 between April 2009 and May 2010, maintaining his position from previous years at the top of the table.

He said: "I do not know why my travel expenses are so high. All I can say is that I guess I travel up and down more often than other MPs. I have got a young family down here."

My comment: £548 per day (every single day of the year. Including weekends, bank holidays and annual holidays appears more than a little excessive to me! 

Read the full story from the source NEWS.scotsman.com

Read all articles about MPs on this blog

No comments:

Post a Comment