Sunday, 13 March 2011

Anglesey council fallen into disrepute

The future of troubled Anglesey is expected to be announced soon, with the possibility that commissioners will be brought in to take charge.

Local Government Minister Carl Sargeant is likely to confirm his decision this week, and sources say he will appoint new figures to run the authority.

An assembly government source said the situation had passed a "tipping point".

The minister could "suspend the whole council membership", said Mr McGregor [Anglesey council leader] and "assume running the council from Cardiff". "I only came into the council in 2008 and it's a bit rich the blame is now being put at my door.  "I do accept that perhaps there are things I could have done different and perhaps I have made mistakes, but I haven't made them twice."

My comment: Just Anglesey, what about all the other rotten councils? 

Read the full story from the source BBC News

Read all articles about Anglesey Council on this blog

No comments:

Post a Comment